Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Free Adult Channels On Hotbird

Marcelo Lagos 20114 comments: The geographer fascinated by the tsunamis that captivated viewers

Marcelo Lagos: The geographer fascinated by the tsunamis that captivated viewers


chupa de cuero Patricia Schuller G. / Nación.cl

surfer native of Arica and the academic and researcher is able to understand even the least learned the complexity of the tsunamis. His didactic explanations of the catastrophe that hit Japan in the transmission of TVN marathon, had a media effect and now teachers receive about 200 mails daily of Chileans and foreigners who appreciate their contributions.


chupa de cuero



chupa de cuero


chupa de cuero

Thursday March 24, 2011 From the early hours of 11 March and until the early hours of the day following the geographer Marcelo Lagos (38) was on National Television -in special broadcast on 8.9 Richter earthquake that hit Japan - detailing the dimensions of the earthquake, its aftermath and the subsequent arrival of the tsunami to Easter Island and the Chilean coast. was precisely those didactic explanations, aimed at ordinary citizens, the media had an effect and made it famous, something that surprised "very much" he admits. Daily receives about 200 emails from Chilean and foreigners who ask questions and thank you for your clear interventions that enabled them to understand complex events. But also receives compliments from admirers, says with a little shyness. "At the university had to expand my e-mail account, because it was overwhelmed with messages. I would tell people that want to answer all mails, but sometimes I do not have time." Marcelo Lagos born in Arica and for several years practiced surfismo. "I'm a surfer at heart, but whenever I have opportunity I get to the sea," he adds. At 18 she moved to Santiago to study

Geography at the Catholic University and was

working on this house of higher learning where he is currently engaged in academic and research. He does not like to talk about his private life and when asked about their marital status silent. The one fact speaks with great passion, it is your job and tsunamis, which keeps track of years. "I'm very happy," he remarks when he discusses what he has meant to be a geographer.
Since the mid-90's began researching the tsunami, focusing on the interaction between man and the environment. Elaborates on his work: "I approach this problem from different disciplines: the perspective of numerical modeling, behavioral of the waves, how these impact the shoreline waves, how they can order the territories and make them more resistant to these phenomena. I worry about the perception of coastal communities about the danger. I worry how we can design cities that are able to withstand these kinds of threats that are permanent to the Chilean coast, "explains.


- What did you think of being so media?

- In 75% of messages are receiving appreciation. People tell me "thanks for making me feel that I am not a fool or thank you for explaining so well." I write nuns, businessmen, pensioners, youth, students, teachers. For me this is tricky, because whatever that tsunamis have convened or rating, my interest is not overexposed.

- How can explain in plain language and complicated technical matters?
- Every good teacher can explain difficult things easily. I am convinced that there is nothing complicated. If you want to be a physicist, astronomer, etc. all I can do it. The only condition is that you have someone who can teach you easily. I am a teacher for 15 years and this has strengthened my ability to convey information.

- Have you always wanted to be a geographer? - I wanted to study something connected to the geosciences. Bordered with geography, with the atlas, to know China, with cultures. Nobody teaches us what is geography, so this race is not well known. I feel I made the best decision of my life and declare myself a very happy man.
- Have you been offered a project on TV?
- We are in talks, I are proposing things, but I want to avoid overexposure. There is a need to know these things and appreciate what I do means a great wave. In the sense that they transmit knowledge. There are no specifics, but if I can have a space that allows me to speak of geosciences, and this contributes to educate people more, I'll do it.
"Never doubt that WAS A TSUNAMI"

- Where did the earthquake struck on February 27 last year?
    - had just returned to Santiago, from the river Pudeto where you work in a field. Sought evidence of the tsunami of 1837. At the time of the earthquake was awake, connected to the Internet.
  • - then immediately knew that the Chilean coast would be affected by a tsunami. - Without any background, with low light and no internet, just following the movement so strong that he felt, I thought he had broken the central segment of the coastal areas of Valparaiso, and that we were dealing with an earthquake like the 1730 that affected the central region. Also figured I'd broken the quiet seismic Concepción-Constitution. When the quake started I was concerned to measure how much had lasted. The tectonic plates break an average of 3 kilometers per second, may know more or less the length of the rupture area knowing the duration of the quake. I measured over a minute and clearly the earthquake was very large.
    - The reaction of the authorities was appropriate?
- Where are tsunamis generated by nearby fields and the waves arrive in a few minutes to the coast, objectively educating the people make the difference. If you are not educated in this type of phenomena can make wrong decisions. 156 victims is a minimum figure when compared with the size of the disaster. I never doubted that there was a tsunami and I regret the situation. It tested an early warning system and clearly we realized that it should be improved and optimized.
- Today we are more prepared for a disaster?
Source:

ASK, THINK, WRITE
. Greetings

Rodrigo González Fernández Diploma in Corporate Social Responsibility "UN
Diploma in Knowledge Management" UN
Diploma in Management in Public Administration UN

IN

can read us

FACEBOOK

http://www.facebook.com/ # / profile.php? id = 1020328166 Apply our training courses and consulting in MANAGEMENT
Follow us on twitter: @ rogofe47 www.chile-renovables.blogspot.com
www.consultajuridica.blogspot.com www.el-observatory politico.blogspot.com www.lobbyingchile.blogspot.com www.calentamientoglobalchile.blogspot.com www.respsoem2.blogspot.com www.coachingdechile.blogspot.com
Bookmark and Share CEL: 93934521 Santiago - Chile CIVIL SERVICE-LEADERSHIP - KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT - CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - LOBBY - BUSINESS COACHING-RENEWABLE, consulting nationally and internationally and are available for OTEC Y OTIC in Chile
Aumentar tamaño letra Disminuir tamaño letra

0 comments:

Post a Comment